Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Daily Essentials: Makeup & Brushes




These are my makeup essentials. I don't go a day without using these products. My face feels complete using all of them and if I didn't have one of these products on my face, I'm not leaving the house!!!

1. My foundation: M.A.C's Pro-Long Wear foundation in NC 35. Right now I only have a sample of this stuff, but since I started to use it, I can't live without it! It's a light weight foundation with medium to heavy coverage. LASTS ALL DAY without all that grease and shine. LOVE THIS STUFF!!

2. My eyeshadow palette: Naked Palette by Urban Decay. Everyone would agree this palette is the best, with all the perfect every day colors and of course great pigmentation.

3. My gel liner: I don't have it pictured here because I left it in my makeup bag, buuuuuutt of course my Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel eyeliner. Smooth application, long lasting and the greatest eyeliner to ever exist!

4. My brow kit: Wet 'n' Wild brow kit in dark brown. Even though it is a cheap drugstore brand, it measures up to the higher end stuff, I'm telling you. Actually, I think it's even better!

5. My concealer: M.A.C's Moisture cover concealer. It's very moisturizing and conceals my dark circles perfectly.

6. My mascara: I'm liking Lancome's Hypnotic Mascara. The formula is great!

7. My face powder: Mabelline's Dream Matte Powder. This is amazing! It gives a flawless look to your face and removes the shine. Great setting powder!

8. My bronzer: You guys should know I love my Hoola Bronzer by Benefit! It matches my skin color and gives a very natural glow to your face.

9. My blush: Recently, I've been loving NYX's powder blush in Terri Cotta. It gives the cheeks a great glow and a hint of peach.




Of course, for most of these product to even be used in a effective way, we need brushes to do the job. These are my essential brushes. Sometimes you can use the right product and have the wrong brush and the product would not work on your face. You have to have the right brushes to work for the right products. These brushes have been very good to me and works with my products very well.

1. My foundation brushes: Essence of Beauty Foundation & Conceal brush and Sigma's Round Top Kabuki F82 brush. I use the flat foundation brush to apply the foundation all over the face and the F82 brush to smooth it out. The Sigma brush is the best for blending your foundation because it gives such a flawless look.

2. My powder brush: Coastal Scents Flat Bronzer IB103 brush. It says it's for bronzer, but I use it for my Dream Matte powder and it works wonders with the powder; they are so perfect for each other that I never want to separate them.

3. My blush brush: Ecotools Blush brush. It's a cheap & perfect brush for blush. It is so soft yet dense enough to apply the product evenly.

4. My bronzer brush: Sigma's Angled Top Kabuki F84. This applies my bronzer evenly and perfectly. The angle is great for getting into the hollows of your cheeks and around the edges of your face plus it's so sooooft!

5. My eyebrow brush: Ecotools angled brush. This brush has been my first and last angled eye brow brush I'll ever buy.

6. My eyeliner brush. Coastal Scent's angled synthetic brush. It didn't have a name to the brush, but it is a very precise angled brush for eyeliner. It creates a great and perfect wing for my cat eye and I use it every day!

1 comment: